The District is located in southeast Montgomery County along U.S. Highway 59 which traverses the District north to south. The District is approximately 24 miles northeast of downtown Houston and lies entirely within the extraterritorial jurisdiction of the Cities. Its original size was approximately 3,055 acres, but due to subsequent annexations, the District’s present size is approximately 3,966 acres. The District is located wholly within the New Caney Independent School District.The land within the District has elevations which range from approximately 100 feet mean sea level (“msl”) to approximately 80 feet msl. According to the Engineer, approximately 572 acres of the District lie within the 100-year flood plain of White Oak Creek and Bens Branch.
The District is governed by a Board of Directors consisting of five (5) Board members elected by the registered voters of the District, who manage and supervise all affairs of the District. Board members must either own property within the District or be a registered voter within the District. Each Board member is elected to serve a staggered four (4) year term. The District’s current Board members are as follows:
- R. Wayne Curry, President, Term Expires: May 2024
- Val Ray Bankston, III, Vice-President, Term Expires: May 2026
- Mary E. (Beth) Hebert, Secretary, Term Expires: May 2024
- Mike Zientek, Treasurer/Investment Officer, Term Expires: May 2026
- Feliciano (Fred) Ortiz, Director, Term Expires: May 2024